Re: [SVGMobile12] A.7.19 parseXML

On Tue, 09 May 2006 17:18:51 +0200, Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
wrote:
>> I assume the SVG implementations that established the parseXML
>> extension were able to bypass this problem because they only dealt with
>> SVG and therefore assumed image/svg+xml.
>
> Given that parseXML can only parse a string that is passed to it
> directly, as opposed to getting a representation off the network as
> XMLHttpRequest does, there seems to be no value in passing a media type
> to it since it can only parse XML. What would passing "text/plain" do?
> In XMLHttpRequest this could have the effect of setting responseXML to
> null and responseText to the value, but since parseXML only does XML,
> I'm unsure what this would achieve.

I think Mozilla decides what Document interface to implement upon the
Document object depending on what media type the document is in. So
application/xhtml+xml maps to HTMLDocument and image/svg+xml maps to
SVGDocument. Of course, imho, objects implementing the Document interface
should implement all interfaces applicable to it (including HTMLDocument
and SVGDocument). That would solve the problem. That's also what has been
suggested for CDI to the CDF WG if I remember correctly and it might have
been accepted already.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>