Re: SVG12: attributeType="XML" should be recommended

On Sunday, March 19, 2006, 12:15:08 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> I therefore think specification of attributeType="XML" should be
BH> described as recommended by the specification, and the importance of
BH> doing so be highlighted. Please change the draft to this effect.

That is a fair point, and a small amount of authoring advice to add
attributeType="xml" to avoid inadvertant clashes with future CSS
properties seems like a good idea.

This might be added in the spec itself, perhaps before CR if we get
time, or added in an authoring guidelines document.

BH> I note that a better way to address this problem might be to define
BH> the value 'auto' in terms of which type is more relevant to the given
BH> target,

I think that would just generate follow-on comments to define "relevant"
and "directly observable behaviour" in great detail.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG