Re: SVG12: 13_01.svg sample rendering incorrect

Hi Bjoern,

Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
> Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,
>
>   I said earlier that I think there are still incorrect renderings in
> the SVG Tiny 1.2 draft but the Working Group assured me that all ex-
> amples have been checked and are correct. The example 13_01.svg as in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20051207/painting.html does
> look still incorrect to me. Given the backwards-incompatible change made
> to the x1, x2, y1, y2 attributes the gradient should go from top left to
> bottom right, not from left to right as would be the case in SVG 1.1
> where the example originates from.
>
> It is not clear to me whether the rendering is in error or the draft,
> it seems the draft never explains the changes to the default values or
> how implementations and authoring tools should handle this change. I've
> raised a related issue one year ago
>
>   http://www.w3.org/mid/424894b7.106578375@smtp.bjoern.hoehrmann.de
>
> but the Working Group never formally addressed my last call comment.
> Please formally address last call comments. Please also include more
> details regarding backwards-incompatible changes to the SVG format and
> how implementations should handle the resulting problems. Finally,
> please change the draft such that the sample rendering is no longer
> incorrect.
This issue was raised in the WG and it was concluded that the sample was right and the spec was wrong and indeed backwards-incompatible. The spec has now been fixed (so is in accordance with the example) to say that the default value for y2 is 0.

Hope this clarifies the situation,

Regards,

Cyril Concolato