Fwd: [Moderator Action] Re: SVG12: createElementNS exceptions

This is a forwarded message
From: Antoine Quint <ml@graougraou.com>
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Friday, March 3, 2006, 3:39:50 PM
Subject: [Moderator Action] Re: SVG12: createElementNS exceptions

Hello Bjoern,

On 29 janv. 2006, at 20:49, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Antoine Quint wrote:
>>>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/svgudom.html
>>> defines
>>> createElementNS to throw only NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR exceptions, this is
>>> not
>>> compatible with DOM Level 3 Core, e.g. INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR must be
>>> thrown for illegal names, this is tested for many times in the DOM
>>> Test
>>> suite, please change the draft such that compliant
>>> implementations are
>>> not non-compliant to DOM Level 3 Core in this regard.

>> Thanks for catching this mistake, the following exceptions have now
>> been added to Document::createElementNS() in the uDOM:
>> INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: Raised if the specified local name is not an
>> XML name.

>> NAMESPACE_ERR: Raised if the qualifiedName is malformed per the
>> Namespaces in XML specification, if the qualifiedName has a prefix
>> and the namespaceURI is null, if the qualifiedName has a prefix that
>> is "xml" and the namespaceURI is different from "http://www.w3.org/
>> XML/1998/namespace", if the qualifiedName or its prefix is "xmlns"
>> and the namespaceURI is different from "http://www.w3.org/2000/
>> xmlns/", or if the namespaceURI is "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/"
>> and neither the qualifiedName nor its prefix is "xmlns".

> Given

>   http://www.w3.org/mid/
> udndq1d95lefb1eg9arqsj6bkdfrl2aq2a@hive.bjoern.hoehrmann.de

> it's clear that normative reference should be used to define this.

We have updated the SVGT 1.2 uDOM chapter to only use references to
DOM Level 3 Core features that are part of the uDOM. Please let us
know within 2 weeks if this does not address your comment. On behalf
of the SVG WG,

Antoine
--
Antoine Quint — Fuchsia Design
SVG & Client-side XML Consulting

forwarded posting from unsubscribed address

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG