--------------

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:25:33 +0000 (UTC)
To: www-svg@w3.org

I object to the inclusion of the <textArea> feature in SVG Tiny 1.2. It
appears to be no more than a poor man's HTML, dramatically lacking in
semantics and presentational controls. It is already possible to achieve

any effect that <textArea> introduces, using <foreignObject> and
embedded
content styled using CSS' rich formatting properties.

Please remove the <textArea> feature from SVG Tiny 1.2.