Re: [SVGMobile12] script element processing

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:45:11 +0200, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>>> The same as any other unsupported value. So, the script element will
>>> not execute.

Ok, never mind my previous comment.

>>> The case-sensitivity of an Internet Media type should be defined by RFC
>>> 2046 http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2046.txt
>
> AvK> Fair enough, how about the other questions raised?
>
> Unless you can point to an EBNF that allows optional leading and
> trailing space in this attribute, then I don't see what there is to
> discuss about it.

Actually, case-sensitivity does seem to be an issue. SVG could for example
allow all valid media types or only media types in their canonical form.
Regarding leading and trailing spaces, that's more a question with regard
to existing implementations etc.

It's also unclear what has to be done with parameters.

> AvK> What if there are Element nodes and such in there? You're not really
> AvK> answering the question I raised.
>
> If someone dumps a bunch of elements as children if a script element,
> for a non-xml scripting language, they should not be surprised if the
> script engine becomes upset.

That doesn't really help me implementing this. Could you please provide a
specific algorithm such as
http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#text provides.

--
Anne van Kesteren