Re: [SVG12Mobile]: uDOM SVGElement and Element

Diego wrote:

> Reading the uDOM idl I don't understand if SVGDocument and SVGElement
> are accessible (in a SVG context) from a Document and Element nodes.
> In particular, if I create an SVG element through the document
> (Document interface) as in the following script:
>
> Function a()
> {
> var mySVGRect = document.createElementNS("SVGNS", "rect");
>
> Then can I use the interface SVGElement on it?
>
> mySVGRect.id = "IDNameOfSVGNode";

Well, first off, "SVGNS" should be "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" but I'll
assume you meant that in the first place.

So if this condition is fulfilled the answer to your question is: yes.
If you really meant the string "SVGNS" as namespace, then the answer is:
no, because the element is not an SVG element in that case.

> It seems reasonable to me working in that way in order to ensure the
> access to svg module from the dom module but it is not clearly
> declared in the SVG1.2t draft.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg::SVGElement.
It says that the interface represents an SVG element in the document tree.
So if you create a valid SVG element with createElementNS then it follows
that you get this interface on that element.

Please let us know shortly if this does not address your concern.
/Erik, on behalf of the SVG WG