Re: [SVGMobile12] Rendering tree

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> The referenced subtree is considered in isolation for all purposes of
>> SVG processing (style inheritance, event lister invocation, etc), so
>> while you can set styles on ancestors of the referenced subtree, it
>> won't have an effect on the instance tree.
>
>Also not if these are properties that are inherited?

It does not matter where in the tree the corresponding element for any
element instance is.

>How about rect:hover { fill:lime } ? Or selectors that depend on the context
>like circle + rect { fill:lime } ? Are the styles mapped at some point
>(which?) to the element they are applied to and then "copied" to the isolated
>sub-tree of the <use> element?

I would say processing of specified styles is equivalent to processing
of event listeners, and it's also defined in SVG 1.1. I would say this
makes processing of :hover when hovering real elements well-defined;
processing of :hover when hovering instances is probably not well-
defined; I would suggest to file an issue with the SVG Working Group.