Re: SVGT 1.2: dynamic changes to <handler> elements

Jim Ley wrote:

> > Jim, I'm not sure I follow.  Changing the onclick attribute of an HTML
> > node certainly affects what happens when the click event fires.
 >
> el.setAttribute("onclick","alert(1)");
>
> Does not mean the alert is produced it does in some implementations, it does
> not in others, the specification is silent on the matter.

Yes, but in all browser implementations with significant market share (so I'm
excluding things like lynx here), it's implemented interoperably and produces an
alert when the "click" event fires.  I fully expect this to be formally
standardized by either W3C or WHATWG in the near future.

We all realize most of DOM0 is not specified yet, but Maciej's point as I
understood it was that <handler> _is_ being specified, and is being specified in
a way that doesn't match either the de-facto DOM0 behavior or the behavior of
<listener>.

So I still fail to see what's "exactly equivalent" about the two situations.