Re: Assumption in the SVG specifications

Hi Robin,

I recall a few arguments. Some people, I was one of them, wanted 'image'
to only point to static images and animations to point to animated
vector graphics, because it would not be possible to control the timing.
IIRC, the problem was that SVG 1.1 Full allows animated SVG content on
'image'. So we ended up saying that image should not point to vector
graphics because otherwise, the same content would have led to different
behaviors in  a 1.1 Full and 1.2 Tiny player.

Best regards,

Cyril