Re: SVG12: height/width defaults

Hello www-svg,

> Scott Hayman wrote:
>>Yes, it is the same in Tiny.  As such, the text in Tiny will
>>remain as is.  We will be sure to cover how this works in Full.
>
> I see no technical advantage of not making this change, and the SVG
> Working Group repeatedly argued it wants to use more general purpose
> text in SVG Tiny 1.2 that can also be applied to SVG "Full" 1.2; as
> I think the current text is likely to mislead Tiny implementers who
> might later want to support additional features not included in Tiny,
> I cannot agree with the rejection of my request.

In cases where we have suitable text that we are confident covers Full
while not being unclear for Tiny, yes, we do prefer to do that.

In this case, having after several rounds of revisions worked out text
that covers width and height to the satisfaction of a *different*
commentor, we didn't want to upset that by making a change here.

As you already agreed that the text is correct for Tiny, we can't see
why you persist in disagreeing here.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead