Re: SVG12: Transfer-Encoding

Chris Lilley wrote:
> in this regard, but HTTP/1.1 defers to an IANA registry, and
>
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/transfer-encodings
>
> lists only 7bit, 8bit, binary, quoted-printable and base64.

That looks like the list of values for the MIME
Content-Transfer-Encoding header (which HTTP/1.1 does not use; see
section 19.4.5 of RFC 2616).

> Do I have the wrong registry, or is HTTP/1.1 inconsistent wrt the IANA
> registry, using terms it claims are registered but in fact are not?

I think you have the wrong registry.  Looking at
http://www.iana.org/numbers.html under "H", I think the "Hypertext
Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Parameters" one is the one you want.  The
linked text "Trasnfer-Coding Values" [sic; I bet this typo is why you
couldn't find it] points to
http://www.iana.org/assignments/http-parameters which has gzip, etc.

-Boris