Re: A suggestion for simpler DOM 3 custom events

On Oct 5, 2005, at 7:56 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> I'd like to make another suggestion about DOM 3 custom events; this
> time
> a great simplification.

To chime in, since there have been no responses - I think this an
excellent idea. As a card-carrying scripter, I find languages that
don't let you easily extend instances of an object frustrating and
limiting; that said, I can see the need to supply some method for
Java types to throw their own payload onto the event.

Your single-property packaging smells like a nice compromise to me.
(And yes, by your example, I would very rarely create a custom event
given the current implementation requirements.)