Re: [SVGMobile12] Too many issues

* Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>timeframe. While clearly these sections have shortcomings and indeed should
>be improved, and thanks for all of your comments, I think it is worth
>pointing out that: (a) somehow these sections managed to get through
>multiple Last Call, Candidate Recommendation, Proposed Recommendation and
>Recommendation milestones in the past, and (b) have managed to prove

Thanks for pointing this out, Jon. I agree, it is indeed a problem that
Working Drafts that clearly have many shortcomings can enter Last Call.

>sufficiently satisfactory for dozens of commercial implementation of the
>SVG language, including viewers, server products and authoring tools,
>targeting a wide range of platforms from set-top boxes to mobile phones to
>desktop computers. Yes, let's make the spec better, but let's also maintain
>some perspective. The W3C process is to produce specifications which are
>implementable.

  The W3C Recommendation Track process is designed to maximize
  consensus about the content of a technical report, to ensure
  high technical and editorial quality, and to earn endorsement
  by W3C and the broader community.

    -- http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/