Re: [SVGMobile12] Comments: Introduction

Hi Boris,

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Craig Northway wrote:
> >
> >    current SVG document fragment
> >    The current SVG document fragment of a element is the XML document
> >    sub-tree which starts with the ancestor 'svg'
> >    <cid:part1.06080305.01090602@cisra.canon.com.au> element. For this
> >    to be a valid current SVG document fragement all container elements
> >    between the 'svg' <cid:part1.06080305.01090602@cisra.canon.com.au>
> >    and this element must be elements in the SVG language and namespace.
> >

> That phrasing doesn't address my concern, which is that we clearly say
> that there may be no current SVG document fragment for a given node
> (and that all places which talk about current SVG document fragments
> handle the case when there isn't one in some way, but I suspect that
> already falls out of the general way rendering is speficied).  This
> also has the same "starts with" problem as "SVG document fragment".
>
> Perhaps something like this:
>
> -------------------------------------
> current SVG document fragment
> The current SVG document fragment of an element is the XML document
> sub-tree such that:
>
> 1) The sub-tree has an 'svg' element as its root.
> 2) The sub-tree contains the element in question
> 3) All ancestors of the element in question in the sub-tree are
> elements in the SVG language and namespace.

I'd modify it slightly like so:

current SVG document fragment
The current SVG document fragment of an element is the XML document
sub-tree such that:

1) The sub-tree is a valid SVG document fragment
2) The sub-tree contains the element in question
3) All ancestors of the element in question in the sub-tree are elements
in the SVG language and namespace.

> To modify this definition for 1.2 Full, I believe all you'd have to do
> is change condition (3) to:

To modify my version for 1.2 Full I can use the innermost SVG Document
Fragment term which will be defined in SVG Full1.2 and add a condition:

The sub-tree is the innermost SVG document fragment of the element in
question.

Anyhow we'll see how the WG discussion goes.

Thanks,
Craig