Re: SVG12: Charmod conformance

* Peter Sorotokin wrote:
>>   It seems that <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/> does not
>>conform <http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod/>; I can't say why exactly as the
>>various details around SVG 1.2 conformance are not clear to me. Please
>>change the draft such that it conforms to this part of Charmod and such
>>that derivative works such as profiles and extensions must conform to it
>>aswell.
>
>I am not quite sure what exactly you are asking for. As far as I can tell,
>there is no problem with regard to the character model in SVG (apart from
>those that inherited from other specs like CSS font selection rules for the
>font family list or DOM Core substring addressing).

One requirement of http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod/ is that a specification
must require "content conforming to the specification to conform to this
document" in order to conform to charmod, SVG 1.2 does not do that (SVG
1.1 did not either) and there are thus various subtle differences wrt to
conformance of authoring tools, content, etc. Charmod for example states
that "Content SHOULD use the hexadecimal form of character escapes
rather than the decimal form when there are both" while there is no such
requirement in SVG 1.2.