Re: SVG12: animating transform ref()

* Ola Andersson wrote:
>It is not possible to animate a transform that is of ref() type. We
>believe this is clear in the spec since it says that the type attribute
>on animateTransform can have type = "translate | scale | rotate | skewX
>| skewY". Therefore ref() is not animatable. The WG has now made this
>clearer in the spec by adding the following to the type attribute
>definition: "If type has an unsupported value (e.g. type="foo" or
>type="ref(svg)") the 'animateTransform' element is ignored."

I did not say the specification is unclear about whether the type
attribute allows a value like ref(svg); I don't think the new text
should be there as it seems redundant with other requirements and
I am more concerned about a case like

  ... transform = 'ref(...)' ...
    animateTransform ... to = '...'

which you seem to be saying is disallowed; there does not seem to be
language to that effect in the current draft, and if it is allowed,
the semantics of such an animation aren't really clear to me, e.g.,
whether changes to the CTM would be considered changes to the base
value of the animated transform.