Re: SVG12: ev:event vs namespaces

* Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>This is the SVG WG response to you're the thread that begins with:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005Apr/0234.html
>And where your last response (copied below) was:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2005May/0258.html
>
>Thanks for your follow-on comments on this issue. We agree that
>unqualified event names belong in the XML Events namespace. We have
>reviewed the specification to make sure that it is clear that this is
>true. The latest draft now says the 'event' attribute can only accept a
>particular discrete set of event names (with a hyperlink to a section
>which provides the list of values), and then the referenced section now
>says that all of the events that are allowed are in the XML Events
>namespace.

The current draft is more confused in this regard than the previous one.
To mention just one problem, the definition is

  ev:event = "<string>"

    The name of the event to handle. This attribute is in the XML
    Events namespace. See event list for a list of all supported
    events and [XML-Events] for the definition of the ev:event
    attribute.

And the draft uses syntax like ev:event="ev:click" in examples. How
would one go from "<string>" and "as defined in XML Events" to "some
sort of qualified name, as defined in SVG Tiny 1.2"?