RE: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Behaviour of <a> pointing into same document outside SVG document fragment is not defined

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Scott Hayman wrote:

> What you seem to be saying is that the table [1] isn't complete, but
> from what I can tell, every row has an entry for every column.  Can you
> please give a specific example of where there is an issue?

As far as I can tell, there is a column missing (the one corresponding to
"Reference a fragment within the current document but outside the current
SVG document fragment".

An example would be, should the following consist an invalid IRI reference
or not:

   <test>
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
     <g focusable="true" nav-next="url(#test)"/> <!-- Here -->
    </svg>
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
     <g focusable="true" xml:id="test"/>
    </svg>
   </test>

The current text doesn't say if that is invalid or not -- it says that it
covers all the possibilities, but doesn't cover this one.

Another example would be:

   <test>
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
     <discard x:href="test"/>
    </svg>
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
     <g xml:id="test"/>
    </svg>
   </test>

(This example is especially ambiguous since the xlink:href="" attribute on
the <discard> element is defined as taking an IRI reference, but the
"target element" of the <discard> element is defined relative to an
xlink:href="" attribute that has a different definition, and which says
that the reference must be to the current SVG fragment.)