Re: SVG 1.2 Comment:

On Wednesday, August 17, 2005, 10:07:09 PM, Johan wrote:

JK> Hi, Just a short question.. I was wondering if there is already a
JK> draft version of a  .DTD file or any other type of file to give the
JK> new features of SVG1.2 a try.

Not a DTD, but the specification does have a RelaxNG schema (which is
much more powerful and flexible than a DTD). Several XML editors and
validators will use RelaxNG schemas.

JK> Are ther any smal demo's available  yet?

There are some demos in the form of examples in the spec. in terms of
implementations, some are being worked on but not released to the public
(particularly those on mobile phones, which are not made available to
end users but are licensed by the phone manufacturers).

Batik has some 1.2 features implemented.

Some authoring tools are also starting to offer the option of generatinf
SVG 1.2 content.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead