Re: SVG12: textArea vs xml:space

* Robin Berjon wrote:
>This is similar to a DOM Text node which you add somewhere and that will
>not normally take xml:space into account when inserted into the tree.
>The text could be clarified in this respect but it certainly has no
>intention of changing the behaviour of xml:space as (under)specified
>elsewhere.

If you think xml:space processing is underspecified in SVG 1.2 I suggest
you file a comment to this effect. Other than that, I am not sure what
point you are trying to make, the draft requires that

  <text xml:space="default" editable="true">...</text>
  <text xml:space="default" editable="false">...</text>

have different white-space processing requirements, that's a poor
proposal and should be removed from the draft. But maybe you are trying
to say that implementations must not normalize white-space in user input
when changing the tree according to the input, in that case I am not
sure how xml:space might be relevant. The only "problem" when removing
the relevant text would be that for

  <text xml:space="default" editable="true">...</text>

if the user enters e.g. "x  x" it would render as "x x", that's then
easily fixed (if so desired) by using

  <text xml:space="preserve" editable="true">...</text>

instead; I consequently requested that this discussion be added to the
draft.