Re: SVG12: color orange

On Monday, April 18, 2005, 12:59:08 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,

BH>   From
BH> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/painting.html

BH> [...]
BH>   <color> is the explicit color (in the sRGB [SRGB] color space) to be
BH>   used to paint the current object. SVG supports all of the syntax
BH>   alternatives for <color> defined in [CSS2-color-types] including the
BH>   list of recognized color keywords names.
BH> [...]

BH> I assume that this reference to CSS 2.0 rather than CSS 2.1 is an
BH> error and CSS 2.1 is meant to be referenced.

No, CSS 2.0 is referenced.

BH>  If that's the case the statement
BH> is incorrect as CSS 2.1 support the color keyword "orange" but not SVG
BH> Tiny 1.2 apparently does not. Please change the draft to refer to CSS
BH> 2.1 and either require support for the "orange" keyword or fix this then
BH> incorrect statement.

Or, indeed, leave it as CSS 2.0 which does not have orange and neither
does SVG Tiny 1.2. So its already consistent.

You seem to be asking for a change which would make it inconsistent, and
then complaining about the inconsistency this would cause.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead