Re: Fwd: Two questions on flowed text in 1.2

On Sunday, April 17, 2005, 6:52:02 PM, David wrote:

>> Inkscape is a general-purpose vector editor with SVG as the native
>> format. Therefore we do not really have any preferences as to how

DW> Standard SVG may need the ability to reflow user entered text, but
DW> there won't be a human designer in the loop, so any attempt to make
DW> complex containers look pretty is likely to fail.

I note that Inscape has exactly that facility, to enter flowed text,
tweak, and the programmatically convert to fixed text. I can imagine
designers finding this very handy for automatically creating, manually
adjusting, and then fixing a particular layout.

On the other hand, for example when making a template that will be
filled in with customized text taken from a database, there cannot be a
human in the loop and the designer can't fix it ahead of time.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead