Re: sXBL issue

On Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 8:43:20 PM, Bernd wrote:

BF> Hi!

BF> I just had a quick look at the working draft at:
BF> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-sXBL-20050405/#introduction

BF> A question came into my mind: Why will the shown example lead to this:
BF> <g>
BF>    <text>Hello, world, using sXBL</text>
BF> </g>

BF> Where does that <g>-tag come from? I couldn't find any explanation so
BF> far, but I haven't read the whole specification yet, I must admit. In
BF> any case: It might be useful to clarify this.

I agree it could be better explained. The g element is to act as a
single root of the shadow tree (and a place to store properties that
apply to the entire shadow tree). Consider for example if the template
had two or more elements rather than just one - we want them all to be
in the same shadow tree.

The spec should clarify where the g comes from.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead