Re: [SVG] event-free specification

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> This would be especially useful for SVG images loaded through the CSS
> 'background-image' property or the xhtml:img element.

I think there would be value in this, and it has been discussed before
(notably in the CDF WG). It could be fairly simply defined as a
conformance level (something like "Dynamic but Non-interactive"). One
issue is that you need at least the load event (otherwise animations
don't start) and if you have the load event scripting can start (which
may not be an issue).

If you want it without either scripting or animation, there's a "static"
conformance level.

--
Robin Berjon
   Research Scientist