Re: [sXBL] 4.2 Processing content elements

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I'm not 100% sure, but downgrading from XPath to CSS3 Selectors is
> probably easier. Except for cases like 'a:link', 'a:visited', but I'm
> not sure if those are necessary.
>
> I guess that a subset of CSS3 Selectors should be defined, which is
> compatible with XPath (this means disallowing various pseudo-classes).

A common subset has been considered that would not include the pseudo-*
stuff from CSS and not include XPath's generic and richer options. Using
that common functionality, irrespective of which syntax is used
implementing one on top of the other would be a simple grammar
translation with very little overhead.

--
Robin Berjon