Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: Streaming

"Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
> Jim Ley wrote:
>>  An obvious example is the background image, say a simple
>> landscape in the background whilst the foreground animation of how not to
>> play with fireworks plays on and is the important part.
>
> This is actually a pretty bad example, since in my experience authors
> almost never set background colors when they set background images.

There's not really a concept of background colours in SVG to date, so I'm
not sure of the relevance, my use of  background is not in the technical CSS
sense here, but in the general case.

> So in fact, the foreground may well end up invisible because the
> background has not loaded yet.

Certainly this is a problem HTML authors have, I don't think it's a good
example.  One thing to remember is that progressive rendering has already
been shown to work in the user agents we have today, they all do it, all
we're discussing here is how animation goes along, and is something that in
my mind was in 1.0 and 1.1 (you can see one of my post rec issues on those
being about streaming.)

Jim.