Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: image/svg+xml;charset=""

Thomas DeWeese wrote:
> I personally think that the only reasonable thing to do here
> is state that if a charset is provided and it doesn't match
> the xml encoding then the response is ill-formed and the
> behavior is implementation dependent.  Then the only people
> who have work to do are people who are sending content with
> contradictory charset and xml encoding specifications.  Which
> is exactly where the burden of resolving this issue should lie.

Those are the precise people we do *not* want to put the burden of
resolving this on. They will have to deal with uncooperative server
administrators that'll refuse to let them control the character encoding
because all they (think they) know about character encodings is that you
have to provide one to avoid certain XSS attacks.

--
Robin Berjon