Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: vector effects

At 05:09 AM 11/23/2004, Ian Hickson wrote:

>I mean, come on. If you want a shared edge on a map, just use one path
>element, with one stroke, instead of having the edge drawn by both
>elements.

Ian,
The situation with mapping is that you will indeed render the border just
once with a path element and one stroke, but you also need to use the same
border at least twice to define the border of the two regions which share
that border to allow for hit testing to allow for rollovers and clicks on
the regions so as to bring up views of supplemental metadata. So, in fact,
the common case is that the shared border is used three times.

Jon