Re: Last Call of Specification Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: 4 Flowing text and graphics

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Craig Northway wrote:
>>There was a vote as per the official W3C process. It is noted in the
>>minutes of October 21st. I don't think that suggesting there wasn't a
>>vote is suitable.
>
> Oh, I didn't mean it in any sort of offensive way -- it's quite common for
> groups not to have a formal vote for this kind of thing. For example for
> CSS 2.1 the decision to go to last call was something along the lines of a
> unanimous spontaneous cheer at the end of a face to face, not a vote.

FWIW we didn't have a formal vote, just a strawpoll. I'm not sure
exactly why, I think it was basically to make sure that no one's
objection had been drowned in the festive cheering, popping of champagne
bottles, and victorious cries that <flowRoot> was going to replace XHTML
and CSS for good, muahahah.

Oh, wait. Maybe that was meant to remain member-confidential.

Let's get back to the rest of the comments :)

--
Robin Berjon