Re: Image description workshop, Madrid 7-8 June (fwd)

On Thursday, May 6, 2004, 3:38:13 PM, Jonathan wrote:

JC> This rather crucially depends on one's interpretation of 'usefully'

JC> I generally mean something that can be tested with users.
JC> others may mean useful, as in designing for the future.

The example I gave can be used right now in multiple implementations.
Assuming you have an svg of a horse handy.

JC> both have there purpose, but it is important that clarity is maintained.
JC> This distinction isn't always clear to me within SVG documentation,
JC> however practical working examples are frequently available.

JC> We need to maintain, update and upgrade these examples as much as
JC> develop future versions.
JC> In particular, accessibility seems to be falling behind, at least so
JC> far as AT is concerned

JC> 2 recent examples:

JC> ASV3 only allows switch systemLanguage <text> not <title>
JC> http://www.schepers.cc/testbed/switch.svg

Its conformant to the SVG 1.1 spec. Make an svg with a switch inside
title and try to validate it.

1.2 allows switch everywhere.

JC> tinyline didn't support the use of a background behind a link, there
JC> wasn't a test that included this.

SVG does not have the concept of backgrounds, because it is not
filling little rectangular boxes with text. What exactly did tinyline
not support? Do you have a sample?

JC> best wishes

JC> Jonathan Chetwynd
JC> http://www.peepo.co.uk