Re: SVG 1.2 - 3.2.1 editable

On Monday, March 22, 2004, 1:40:52 PM, Cameron wrote:

CM> Chris Lilley:
>> What you are asking for is a sort of immediate mode graphics where
>> script makes changes to the result of the animation. We then have to
>> say how long that value persists if there is an animation running as
>> well.

CM> I would think that it if some animation is also causing updates for that
CM> property, then setting it manually in script wouldn't cause any change.
CM> (Is this how override stylesheets work for animating CSS?)

If it doesn't work in the presence of animations then I don't see the
point.

Your proposal (change the animated value in script) and the current
method (change the baseval in script) are the same, if no animation is
running; the current method continues to work correctly if an
animation is running.

>> CM> While there is a way to make reversible changes to any CSS properties by
>> CM> modifying the override stylesheet, there's no parallel for attribute-only
>> CM> properties.
>>
>> Well there is, but you have to store the old value yourself.

CM> Hmm, ok.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group