Re: SVG 1.2 Notes:

"Kurt Cagle" <kurt@kurtcagle.net> wrote in message
news:004b01c40ed9$d75c9ec0$1045fc0a@redmond.corp.microsoft.com...
> It'd seem to me that this is one of those cases where a web services/CGI
> interface would serve just as well as trying to enhance these particular
> elements.

So how would that work exactly? every site would have to provide a mechanism
for looking up the description of an element based on an XPointer into the
SVG document?  Kind of like Annotea but completely constrained and limited
in the type of metadata it could return?

> I'm trying to think of cases where you'd want a non-XML metadata
> layer, and overall there are few circumstances where it would make much
> sense.

There's loads of non-XML metadata about!  And almost all of it more valuable
than the XML kind.

Jim.