Re: implementation size for SVG Tiny

Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
> I am looking for information about the minimal size of an SVG Tiny
> implementation, if possible on embedded platforms, but I'll take
> information about any platform.
>
> The reason behind this question is: if the target code size is 50Kb, is
> SVG Tiny "small" enough, or should a smaller subset be used ?

It would depend in part on your platform, how big its code tends to be
and how much it already provides you with in terms of graphical
functionality.

Tinyline is somewhere around 100k and is pretty much conformant. However
it's in Java (J2ME) which tends to produce fairly large code, and is
implemented in a very clean way (it has separate libs for 2D, neatly
separated classes, exposes a complete API, etc) which is far from the
norm on such platforms where size is crucial. It certainly looks like it
could be trimmed down quite a deal.

   http://tinyline.com/
   http://tinyline.com/svgt/conformance.html

Are you considering implementing? There's an implementors list if you're
interested.

--
Robin Berjon