Re: SVG 1.2: Something Missing?

At 06:27 PM 3/1/2004 +0100, Alexander Adam wrote:

>Hello,
>

>Were currently evaluating RCC to implement into an authoring tool.
>
>We had a good progress but came to a big issue. Say someone writes a new
>widget with rcc
>
>and the elementDef Element, how can the end-user know which attributes
>this new widget accepts?
>
>E.g. I create a progressbar with a progressand a maxvalue, how can I know
>that these two attributes
>
>are available and which type (SVGLength) they have? Surely I could look
>into the documentation from the author
>
>if theres one but how can an authoring tool know that? There must be a
>REQUIRED tag in the elementDef Element
>
>where you need to setup all the available properties to let a custom
>widget become valid or any other solution
>
>that goes into that direction. Could you please help me out how thatll
>work or should work? Were currently hanging on this problem.

First off, I'd suggest that for any custom grammar that someone wants to
develop there should
be a schema. You need to know not only attribute list, but nesting rules as
well.

In terms of RCC, there will be an element that defines a "trait" - which is
basically an animatable attribute.
Right now we think we need only namespace, name and data type. Maybe also
of it is a regular or
presentation attribute (and can be styled with CSS).

Peter