Re: Third release of Constraint SVG browser

Tobias Reif wrote:
> On Thu 2004-02-26 Robin Berjon wrote:
>>Tobias Reif wrote:
>>>Is this valid? Do the SVG specs allow any elements from non-SVG
>>>namespaces as content of rect? I didn't check the specs, and I
>>>think the above makes sense, I'm just curious on what text you base
>>>your assertion that the above is "standard SVG".
>>
>>It is and has always been.
>
> According to which portion of which spec?

23.1 Foreign namespaces and private data
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/extend.html#PrivateData

""
SVG allows inclusion of elements from foreign namespaces  anywhere with
the SVG content. In general, the SVG user agent  will include the
unknown elements in the DOM but will otherwise  ignore unknown elements.
(The notable exception is described under Embedding Foreign Object  Types.)

Additionally, SVG allows inclusion of attributes from  foreign
namespaces on any SVG element. The SVG user agent will  include unknown
attributes in the DOM but with otherwise ignore  unknown attributes.
""

>>Content in foreign namespaces is welcome pretty much everywhere.
>
> Since this is not generally true for all XML languages [1]; where do
> which (SVG) specs allow it?

It is however imho true of all well-designed XML languages. The reasons
for forbidding nodes from foreign namespaces are overall rare and local.

> The freedom to add foreign content "anywhere" would also have to be
> expressed in the schemas.

Yes. We have been considering using NRL to help with that.

--
Robin Berjon