Re: WG clarification request for SVG_WRONG_TYPE_ERR

On Thu 05 Aug 2004, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Jonathan Watt wrote:
> >I specifically want to know
> >what should happen when createSVGTransformFromMatrix is passed an object
> >that is not an SVGMatrix.
>
> Along the same lines, what does it mean, in a weakly typed language, for an
> object to be or not to be an SVGMatrix?

SVGMatrix still has a defined type even in a weakly-typed language,
doesn't it? I mean, if an instance can be used as (or cast as)
as an SVGMatrix then it's OK. If it can't then it is an
error. Or am I missing something?

> What about a language in which methods can be dymically defined on objects
> as needed?

If I understand you correctly, then the methods are only defined
on the object when they are needed, right? In this case, it should
be fine, as long as the object can pass as an SVGMatrix.

Dean