Re: color-profile

Hi Sigurd,

I need a little more help to understand your question.

On Thu 18 Sep 2003, Sigurd Lerstad wrote:

> How is local specified on a color-profile?
>
> >From the CSS3 spec (color module):
>
> *************************
> <local-profile>
> The source profile is a locally-stored profile. The syntax for
> <local-profile> is:
> "local(" + <string> + ")"
> where <string> is the profile's unique ID as specified by the International
> Color Consortium. (Note: Profile description fields do not represent a
> profile's unique ID. With current ICC proposals, the profile's unique ID is
> an MD5-encoded value within the profile header.)
> ***********************

Which part don't you understand?
 - what is a local profile?
 - where is it stored? (ie how do I use it on Windows ICM)
 - what is the ID?

> This isn't enough information for me to understand. I don't know what MD5
> is, can someone give an example?

An MD5 is a kindof-checksum of an input string (in this case
the profile name). Google MD5 for more info.

> (I'm also using the Windows ICM API)

Have you looked at http://www.color.org/. That might help
with the general questions. I don't know anything about
the Windows ICM API.

Sorry!

Dean