Re: RCC question

"Sigurd Lerstad" <sigler@bredband.no> wrote in message
news:009b01c3adee$4cfdd0b0$6e1273d5@mmstudio...
> When a custom element has a shadow tree element. Does things work as if
the
> shadow tree element was there instead of the custom element, or as if the
> shadow tree element was a child of the custom element?

AIUI a sort of child, it's not really there at all remember...

> The difference is important, let's say the custom element has a transform
> attribute,

How could it have a transform attribute?  It's not an SVG element, you can't
put SVG attributes on it, the semantics won't translate.

> or some style attributes,

The same with style, consider jimML which has this:

<donkey style="shiny" transform="SendTo(_mop)"/>

The SVG UA cannot use the attributes as SVG ones.

> <MyNamespace:DropShadow id="drop_shadow".....>
>
> <ellipse filter="url(#drop_shadow)" />

the id on your element probably can't be used like that - you'll have to use
an XPATH selector or something.

> What do you think?

It'd be nice, but I don't think the XML architecture is appropriate to do
the job.

Jim.