Re: SVG 1.2 meta feedback

"Dean Jackson" <dean@w3.org>
> On Mon, 12 May 2003, Jim Ley wrote:
> > and don't see the inline snippets clarifying anything in the
specification,

> Really? I do.

Nothing's going to be right for everyone.

> >  (if you do include is there really any value in including
> > the xs:  to me that just increases the confusion of the snippets)
>
> Yeah, but then we have to include the svg:, right?

In:

<xs:element name="flowLayout">
  <xs:complexType>
    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element ref="flowRegion" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

There'd be no svg namespaced portions I believe?

> The RAX section was more informative than declarative. The next
> draft will include syntax. Maybe we should post a teaser example?
>
> The WWW2003 attendees saw it on screen, but it is not in the
> online version. Also, you needed a unnamed, unreleased SVG viewer
> to display the resulting SVG.

However some interested individual could implement it in javascript...  I've
been adding a templating feature to foafnaut recently, and that could've
much more sensibly done with RAX (so foafnaut updates some XML, and it's
transformed to svg depending on seperately specified docs) I didn't use RAX,
because I have no idea what it looks like, and instead had to develop my own
templating system in js, a RAX implementation in js could've been much more
sensible.

Jim.