From: Steve Schafer [mailto:steve@fenestra.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 10:12 AM
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: X-height fallback

Not all fonts specify an x-height, and even when they do, it's not
always possible to determine what it is (Windows, for example, doesn't
provide an API for obtaining a font's x-height).

Does SVG define any kind of fallback mechanism for approximating a
font's x-height (for dimensions specified in "ex" units)? I couldn't
find anything in the spec.

Steve Schafer
Fenestra Technologies Corp.
http://www.fenestra.com/