Re: Feedback on SVG 1.2

Jim Ley wrote:
> The only situation I would want SVG WG to define UA controls would be in
> situations where they are OS/Window manager native ones, since the biggest
> problem I have with web-applications, is having to define my own behaviour
> which may differ to what the user is used to.

Have you looked at the new CSS property 'appearance'?[0] As specified it is
almost completely unusable by SVG, but would something similar help?

> In a related way Mozilla has defined its own behaviour so it is different to
> every other application I use, this makes it almost completely unusable to
> me

And I hate the way those silly OSs don't use Mozilla's ui behaviours :) This is
one of the parts where "native" becomes difficult. Taking a plugin running
inside Mozilla, on windows. Which look and feel does it pick? I'd expect
Mozilla, you'd expect windows.

[0]http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui/#system

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>