From: Niklas Gustavsson [mailto:niklas@protocol7.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 5:49 AM
To: Peter Sorotokin
Cc: w3c-svg-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Feedback on SVG 1.2

Peter Sorotokin wrote:
> Niklas,
>
> So, in summary, your feedback is that
>
> - there should be a PI or some other mechanism to apply RCC to arbitrary
> XML, not only embedded in SVG

Yes, but I would say this a bit differently:
- RCC should be able to work on arbitrary XML, not only embedded in SVG
- RCC must not require a change to the content model of that arbitrary XML

The way this is done (via a PI or some other way that I can't think of
right now) is of much less importance.

> - the binding mechanism is too rigid and it should not be based purely
> on element name/namespace, but you
>   agree that usage of CSS for binding is controversial

Yes.

> - you like the shadow tree concept

A lot.

> Is that a good summary?

Adding:
- RCC (or SVG 1.2) should define a very basic set of UI controls that
the user agent renders as native controls.

Thanks for the summary!

/niklas