Re: 1.2 feedback: Streaming

"Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com> wrote in message
news:ardcos$qal$1@main.gmane.org...

> "Niklas Gustavsson" <niklas@protocol7.com> wrote in message
> > >
> http://www.showcaster.com/svg2.asp?venue=Showcaster&presentation=2513844&
> > > a=.svg
> > > (which is ~400k IIRC) you will see various details and a photo appear
> on
> > > the screen whilst the audio, and slide data is still being
> downloaded.
> >
> > This says that parts of the document should show without the entire
> document
> > is loaded,
>
> Which is exactly what happens, test it...

Your right. ASV does in fact conform with half of the requirements, it does
show content during loading. It does not however (in my quick experiments)
run any animations as is required.

" Progressive rendering and animation effects (i.e., the start of the
document will start appearing and animations will start running in parallel
with downloading the rest of the document). "

> (There must be a high performance dynamic svg viewer about or it wouldn't
> be part of a W3 REC...)

I guess there is some other viewer that does this.

/niklas