Re: Tinier SVG

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, 5:09:40 PM, Simon wrote:

SSL> chris@w3.org (Chris Lilley) writes

SSL> "remove all text and just draw pictures of the characters" does
SSL> seem completely absurb given the difficulty of drawing pictures
SSL> of characters in an SVG framework.

Well, the company that suggested it did not think so, and as the
application was closed and had no text selection then it would not
have affected accessibility at all. It would place a larger burden on
the authoring system though. Removing all text layout code does have a
substantial effect on code footprint.

SSL>  Some of the others were sensible, but you seemed
SSL> intent on driving to pretty much zero.

As you said, more could have been removed. I was agreeing, and also
pointing out the drawbacks of removing things (such as larger file
size, harder authoring, etc).

>>Ah, so you are not suggesting it, then. Great, thanks for the
>>clarification. That means it is no longer my job to challenge your
>>assertion, and I can get on with work.

SSL> Sounds good.  We've wasted enough time in this discussion already.

Yup.