Re: Tinier SVG

thomas.deweese@kodak.com (Thomas E Deweese) writes:
>    This is _far_ from absurd.  If you don't have text you don't need
>to do text layout, doing text layout is not an easy thing, especially
>given internationalization concerns (BIDI - vertical).

I think it's time to give up. This list plainly has no interest
whatsoever in creating something that might actually be useful on a
small and relatively stupid device, and this example simply demonstrates
how far off the mark we can go.

Implementing text as a series of vectors on a slow system without much
memory is not at all practice.  The amount of internationalization
support inherent in such an environment is also pathetically minimal, so
at some point you do have to throw up your hands and just say forget it.

I originally posted in July, and today in November I have to deal with a
small army of SVGites horribly offended that I dared question the
priorities of SVG Tiny.  At some point you do have to throw up your
hands and just say forget it.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether