Re: Tinier SVG

chris@w3.org (Chris Lilley) writes:
>No, my point was simpler. Citing that one implementation was 97k does
>not mean 'SVG Tiny is always 97k' or 'SVGT never fits into 64k' etc.

My original point was just that SVG Tiny is not particularly tiny, and
there's still a lot of room for something useful but smaller.  If the
W3C's not interested in such things, that's fine, but they shouldn't be
surprised that people may laugh at claims that SVG Tiny is actually
'tiny'.

>Yes; TinyLine runs on Zaurus (but in J2ME not SE).

I suspect we could waste days discussing various J2ME profiles,
PersonalJava, etc., but it's not that exciting.  The Zaurus does appear
to run more than the MIDP J2ME devices are capable of, but whether it's
running the deprecated PersonalJava or the new J2ME Personal Profile
isn't clear from Sharp's site.  Given that the J2ME PP spec only
completed at the end of September, I suspect that that it'll be a while
before a lot of devices with that richer environment are available.

We now return to SVG discussion...

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether