Re: dynamic svg

And of course, to self-promote my Perl SVG module, there's the Perl
SVG modules (demos and tutorials at http://roasp.com/ ).

Tutorial 8 discusses and demonstrates accessing SVG from a MySQL
database. In the demo I use the perl DBI interface to MySQL. Any
web hosting service worth its salt will provide MySQL and perl with
the DBI module for under $20 per month. ;-)

Here is the tutorial:

http://roasp.com/tutorial/tutorial8.shtml

Actually, to be less self-promoting, the only thing that the SVG
perl modules provide is a pre-packaged framework for generating SVG.
Any XML-generator (php, c++,vb,...) or manual coding in any language
can produce SVG. The only issue is knowing how to conncet to a database.
You could also simply use excel macros to do this!.Just pick a language
and go for it...

Good luck,

Ronan
RO IT Systems GmbH
http://www.roitsystems.com

Eido SVG-Enabled Collaboration Portal

At Tuesday, 12 March 2002, "ravi" <ravi@Texworld.com> wrote:

>could some body suggest tools/example code for
>creating svg image,controlled by database values?
>(basically to create image of chart depending upon
>the values from a particular table)
>
>regards,
>ravi

Use SVG