Perspecitve and Taper Transformations - Suggestion

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, mpouchon wrote:

> Sorry, the link was somehow cut in my last submit.
>
> I have made a much-advanced version of the document concerning the
> perspective and taper transformation for SVG 4.0 whish list, please
> find it under:
>
> www.geocities.com/mpouchon/SVG/PerspAndTaper/PerspAndTaperTrsf.html

Hi Manuel,

Thankyou for a great writeup of the concept.

I promise that if I am still around for SVG 4.0 I will
strongly support your proposal!

In fact, the SVG 2.0 requirements [1] includes a section
on extending transformations, possibly to include a full
3x3 matrix (perspective).

One of the main concerns will be performance, but we will
keep everyone informed when it comes up.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2Reqs

Dean