RE: Mouse Wheel event for SVG 1.1

Hi Curt.

> There has been a thread on www-dom mailing list resulting
> from a request for
> a standard event description for mouse wheel movements (the
> rolling middle
> button on some mice).  The thread starts with
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2002AprJun/0019.html.
>
> In my opinion, it would be very desirable to capture wheel
> movements in SVG
> 1.1 to provide application specific rotation, color change,
> zooming or other
> image manipulation behavior when the viewer's default
> behavior for the wheel
> movement is not appropriate.
>
> It would not appear to require any enhancement of the
> existing MouseEvent
> interface to represent mouse wheel movements, since the UIEvent.detail
> attribute could be used to encode the direction and magnitude
> of the wheel
> movement.

And what of non mouse users?
Is this functionality to be denied them?
Rather too device specific for my liking.
What's the more abstract functionality you are proposing?
 Then perhaps we could look for alternatives that might
 be mapped to other devices without scrolling mice.

Regards DaveP.

********** snip here *************

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk

14th June 2002 is RNIB Look Loud Day - visit http://www.lookloud.org.uk to